The mission of the World Foundation for Music and Healing is to provide and support music education and musical experience for children and families who have suffered trauma, loss or are otherwise at risk, to advance the relationship between music, healing and creative expression, and to facilitate healing with music. WFMH brings together music teachers, music organizations, music therapists, psychologists, psychotherapists, doctors, scientists, music/arts advocates, arts programs for children and music-healing techniques from around the world. WFMH seeks to expand its programs to a global network, working with our partners to support cross-cultural student exchanges, conferences, seminars and performances. A third goal is to research innovative, forward-looking music therapies.
music healsÂ music createsÂ music enhancesÂ music providesÂ music heals
The World Foundation for Music and Healing (WFMH) is dedicated to helping people discover a musical vocabulary, offering creative methods to express emotions in a positive way and providing programs which foster healing through music in a community environment.
The World Foundation for Music and Healing (WFMH) brings people together. Combining the modalities of music, healing and creative expression, WFMH offers interactive, educational music programs for children and families affected by September 11th; supports performances of new musical works; studies the effects sound has on (and within) the human body; teaches a musical vocabulary to express emotions in a creative and positive way; produces collaborative concerts, recordings and international performances
To fulfill WFMH’s vision, there are three components:
- develop, support and offer music healing programs for children, teens and adults
- sponsor international student exchanges, seminars, conferences and performances
- bring together music teachers, music therapists, music organizations, psychologists, psychotherapists, doctors, scientists, music/arts advocates, arts programs for children and music-healing techniques from around the world to share ideas and develop creative and innovative programs
- produce and present concert events and recordings
- research music therapies from around the world to better understand the relationship between music and healing
We see ourselves as a collaborative global community of international artists, thinkers and students, bringing together the multi-disciplines of music, healing and creative expression and weaving together these paradigms to advance the understanding of the healing power of music.